Monday, November 20, 2006

Freakin' jury duty Off to King's County courthouse tomorrow to do my civic duty. I get to work more on The Summer King, I suppose, which is almost finished. The guy who runs American Opera Projects called me at work last Thursday, wanting to see what I had. Now, I was working off of a deadline of May 19, with casting and rehearsals to happen in that intervening week. I suppose I heard things wrong, and I just about laid an egg. "Just send me what you have," he said. It was then that I realized I had to show my composer -- I'm sure he calls me "my librettist" -- my work thus far. So, an email to AOP guy, director guy, and composer guy. Feedback was good -- so fingers crossed.
Taking Priscilla Becker's poetry workshop in Carroll Gardens...very excited to get some feedback or direction for my new non-Queen poems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home